Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Short Poem

This is a short poem about chance, hope, reality and love.



A Different Kind of Lottery

one in a million
a different kind of lottery

grand prize
million dollar smile
exquisite soul
body under construction

pure luck, pure love
our blood, our love

light as a feather
big arms around
this eternal treasure

million dollar smile
winners forever

A guest post by Pete Sargent, my husband and dad to Graham who has cerebral palsy. Thank you. Still rivers run deep.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Daddy. I've been writing a bit myself, lately and have found it works best when you are very invested in the subject. Mission accomplished!

    Just wanted to say hi and let you know I saw your blog. Good stuff, as always :-) Maybe I'll see you at a conference again soon.

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really something. It strikes a lovely chord with us over here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful poem, I started to cry as I read it. Although I have not been around to watch Graham grow up, he still holds a very special place in my hear and as I speak of him it's with great pride that I say " He's my Nephew and he's wondeful"

    Love You All,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good daddy! :)

    Blessings,
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem written by my son Peter about my grandson Graham is so very touching. Graham has brought all who love and care for him so much joy in thirteen years that we all smile when we think of him and the love and attention his Mom and Dad and sister provide. I am anxious to share A Different Kind of Lottery with the many friends I have who know and care about Graham.

    Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for this beautiful poem ... I will save in my hearth.

    Kiss
    Paula Alfaro A
    An Occupational Therapist from Chile (South America )

    ReplyDelete